Do you regret your tattoo or permanent makeup? You can contact us for the most effective way of tattoo removal with the latest Picolaser. We own two Picolasers to give you the best possible treatment and quality. these lasers are currently the fastest on the market and are, just like our other lasers, FDA approved to safely get rid of tattoos. Huidkliniek Twente is the first clinic in the Netherlands that has these two supersonic and powerfull Picolasers and functions as a knowledge center within the Netherlands. Due to the high effectiveness of the laser, the number of required treatments for you is limited to a minimum.
Super fast picolaser for all colors!
The Picolaser is currently the fastest laser for removing all colors of tattoos. Both professionally done tattoos and those done by an amateur (with for example Indian ink). Permanent makeup of the eyebrows or eyeliners can also be removed very well, as well as irradiation points. The Picolaser uses speeds in picoseconds. A puls in picoseconds pulverizes very small ink particles. The size of the spot (the area per pulse) is also many times bigger than with other lasers. This means that the treatment will be much faster; especially with large tattoos this is a must. Our Picolaser has way more power than other lasers. The speed, the power and the large spot size ensures the best and fastest result in as few treatments as possible.
Which indications can be treated?
- All colors of tattoos
- Irradiatoin points
- Permanent makeup:
How does removing a tattoo with a laser work?
Laser tattoo removal is possible because the laser emits light that is absorbed by the ink in the tattoo. This will heat and pulverize the ink, which is then cleared by the lymphatic system. The Picolaser emits a pulse of very short duration (nanoseconds and picoseconds) so that other structures not damaged. Our Picolaser also has 4 wavelengths so that all colors can be treated.
During the first intake we will determine whether your skin and tattoo are suitable for this treatment and what the expected result may be. There are a few conditions we will discuss with you:
- It's important to wait 6 months before starting with te first treatment. Removing earlier will continue in much more treatments. The ink must be encapsulated in the skin.
- Your skin can not be tanned from the sun, sunbeds or a tanning lotion. A laser treatment on tanned skin can cause light or dark spots. After the treatment, it is therefore importent to protect the skin against sunlight for 6 weeks with a sunscreen with a minimum protection factor of 20. Preferably several times a day. This helps to prevent discoloration of the skin. This is of course less necessary when there is little sunlight during the day.
- Some medicines make the skin more sensitive to light, which can cause blisters or scarring. Antibiotica, among others, can cause photosensitivity. It is therefore important to report your medication use.
You will get glasses to protect your eyes against the laser light. We will then choose the right settings, tailored to your skin and the color of the tattoo. The treatment may be sensitive, it feels like "pricks", like a rubber band being hitting the skin. In general the treatment is well tolerated because it is very fast. In addition we use the "Zimmer", a cooling device that blows cold air against the skin during the treatment. You can safely take a painkiller one hour before the treatment, but usually this is not necessary. When needed you can ask your GP for a numbing cream. You need to apply this cream 45 minutes before the treatment and cover it with cling film. During the treatment the tattoo will turn white, this reaction is called "lasersnow" and disappears within a few minutes.
After the treatment, the skin is cooled to remove the heat from the skin. There will be some redness and swelling of the treated area. Sometimes small pinpoint hemorrhages occur. These hemorrhages are harmless and heal quickly. The days after the treatment small scabs may occur, these will fall off on their own. It is important that you do not scratch these scabs because of scarring and infection. By applying Alhydran multiple times a day the scabs will disappear quickly. When the treated area gets irritated by clothes of clothing accessories, you should cover the area with a bandaid to protect it. Leave the skin alone as much as possible. Careful washing is allowed but make sure the skin gets patted dry. Until one week after the treatment activities like sports, sauna, hot tubs, etc. are not recommended.
The goal of the treatment is to remove the tattoo without damaging the skin. In approximately 4 to 6 weeks the result of the first treatment will be visible and another treatment may follow. The desired result is not always achieved. This may have to do with the type of ink used during the tattoo. Sometimes a kind of shadow remains in the skin where the tattoo has been. This shade is actually always prettier than the original tattoo. During the first intake we will inform you about the result you can expect.
Compared to older lasers, much less treatments are necessary in order to remove the tattoo. On average, tattoos require 5 to 12 treatments with an interval of 4 - 6 weeks, depending on the recovery of the skin. The following factors influence the number of treatments:
- Amateur or professional. Tattoos done by an amateur need less treatments than tattoos done by a professional.
- The age of the tattoos. Older tattoos fade faster than younger, fresher tattoos.
- The color(s) of the tattoo. The fewer colors are processed, the faster the tattoo will disappear. The color black will generally disappear the fastest.
- The place on the body of the tattoo. The higher the tattoo is on the body, the faster the tattoo will fade. This is because the pigment in higher parts of the body (e.g. head and neck) can be drained faster through lymphatic channels.
- Skin type. The lighter the skin type, the faster the tattoo will fade.
- The amount of used ink. The less inks used, the faster the tattoo will fade.
- Scar formation after getting the tattoo. Some people get a somewhat thickened scar after getting the tattoo. Thickened scars can be a factor why more treatments are necessary in order to remove the tattoo. There is also a higher risk that more thickened scars will appear after the laser treatment.
The treatment frequency depends on the recovery of the skin. Usually in the beginnen we treat once every 4 to 6 weeks.
In general tattoo removal is not reimbursed by your health insurer from the supplementary insurance. You can obtain information about this from your own health insurer. However, the removal of a facial tattoo is sometimes reimbursed by the municipality through special assistance. We work together with several municipalities in the area. Huidkliniek Twente is affiliated with the "Nederlandse Vereniging van Huidtherapeuten" and all of our skin therapists are registered in the "Kwaliteitsregister Paramedici". You will always receive a quote in advance during the intake.
BEFORE AND AFTER RESULTS TATTOO REMOVAL